Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lemon Sabayon

Some days I think I bake just to distract myself.  This was one of those days.  It's a bit of work, but the lemon-ness of this is amazing.  There's a pine nut pie crust recipe if you follow the original link, but I opted for using pre-made bite-sized lemon tartlettes.

I made no changes to the original recipe, except for cooking it much longer than originally stated in the recipe and skipping the broiler step.  It took closer to 20 minutes before I thought it was thickening and after adding the butter, I wasn't too certain this was going to firm up, but it did and it's perfect!  I was tempted to add lemon zest, but after tasting the final product, I'm glad I didn't.  It's lemony enough on its own!

Lemon Sabayon (from epicurious)

Ingredients
2 large eggs, cold
2 large egg yolks, cold
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons (3 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment