Monday, May 31, 2010

Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Pots

This recipe adaptation was born out of a need to clean out the fridge before leaving for the weekend (a huge thanks to the family that opened their doors to me over the weekend ... the cottage was incredible!).  The original is more of a bar with a graham cracker crust on the bottom.  I didn't have enough cream cheese to make bars, so I opted for using my little ramekins to make pots of cheesecake.  I had a lot of blueberries that needed to become something, so I overdosed on blueberries for each one.  All measurements are approximate.  For a more traditional recipe, click the link.  This adaptation is ridiculously simple, but also delicious.  I ran out of time this week after making them and ended up having to polish them off Friday night before leaving on the road trip.  Luckily my friends decided to help with the consumption, but I don't think they were entirely thrilled about having to share a cheesecake pot!

Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Pots (loosely adapted from Shared Sugar) (adapted from Tyler Florence)

Ingredients
2/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
1 egg
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Butter 2 ramekins (I'm not sure what size mine are ... maybe 1 cup?).
2. In a bowl with an electric mixer, add the cream cheese, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar. Mix until the ingredients are creamy and the cream cheese is fully incorporated.
3. Pour into the ramekins. Then evenly distribute the blueberries.
4. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cheesecake comes out mostly clean. Only allow the top to get a hint of brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment