Sunday, June 3, 2012

Watermelon Salsa

This watermelon salsa is very refreshing with just a bit of heat to it and some texture from the radish. I forgot the red onions when I made it but have left it in below. I purposely omitted 1/4 tsp cumin because the author and I don't see eye to eye on cumin in salsas. She suggests you could also make this salsa with cantaloupe or honeydew which also sounds delicious to me. You could also add some Cotija cheese to this, but it's not necessary. My first bite of this seemed a bit too spicy, but it seemed to mellow as it sat, so don't be afraid.

One year ago: Prosciutto and Cream Pasta
Two years ago: Blackberry Lemon Meringue Pie

Watermelon Salsa (from The Homesick Texan Cookbook)

Ingredients
2 cups peeled and diced watermelon
2 radishes, finely diced
1/4 small red onion, diced
1 serrano chile, diced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tbsp lime juice
salt to taste

1. Toss together watermelon, radishes, red onion, serrano chile, cilantro, and lime juice. Add salt to taste.
2. Place in refrigerator and let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment