Sunday, December 29, 2013

Best of 2013

In a busy year full of many exciting events and adventures, we had some pretty good meals at home. So the top 13 picks for this year?

Sri Lankan Crabs with Spinach and Coconut Milk - Moving to San Francisco introduced my to the deliciousness of Dungeness crab. While crab makes almost any meal good, this one was outstanding.

Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas with Tomatillo Salsa - I think I can officially say I've overcome my mushroom aversion and now seem to seek them out. I blame the mushroom guys at the farmer's markets. They always have too many delicious options available.

Yogurt Tart Chickpeas with Mustard Greens - A great side dish that I liked enough to serve to people the night before our wedding!

Lemongrass Grilled Beef - Some of my favorite meals this year have been when the mister used the grill and did most of the work.

Sweet and Sour Fish Tiles - We had quite a bit of fish overload this year. More than 1 lb a week for two people is a lot of fish! Chinese and fish is a great combination.

Butterflied-Sesame Grilled Beef Short Ribs - Korean barbecue at home? Yes, please.

Baked Herb Polenta - Rich polenta is the perfect comfort food.

Halibut Soft Tacos - I've never understood the obsession with fish taco, but this one could convert me. All of the components get to be a bit much, but it was well worth the effort.

Stuffed Squash Blossoms on Herbed Tomato Salad - This dish is a true celebration of summer produce.

Grilled Tuna with Lemony Tahina, Greens and Pomegranate Seeds - I firmly believe that tahini makes many dishes so much better.

Rhubarb Mint Tea with Moonshine - The only thing that disappointed me about this recipe is that I discovered it after rhubarb season was over!

Duck Burgers with Shiitake Mushroom Ketchup and Chinese Style Mustard Sauce - The duck burgers were outstanding and every component worked perfectly together.

Chicken, Haloumi, and Preserved Lemon Skewers - An incredibly simple dish, but with so much flavor and cheesy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment