Monday, October 19, 2009

Pork Strips

I can't remember the last time I've cooked with pork (unless you count bacon), so I guess now is as good a time as any to get back in the habit.  This is a simple, light stir fry.  Slightly sweet, but with a little bit of heat.  Serve with rice and extra veggies (or throw more veggies on the frying pan).  I scaled down the amount of pork, but left the amount of sauce and bell pepper the same.  If you aren't doing a side vegetable, I would increase the bell pepper.

Kay's Pork Strips from Kayotic Kitchen

Ingredients

6 pork cutlets, cut into thin strips
3 tbsp apricot jelly (she says you can use any jelly - apricot, orange, peach ... I ended up using jam)
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil (I think I forgot this ... oops!  It was a long day.)
1 tsp ginger (or a tbsp), freshly grated (I think I forgot this ... oops!  It was a long day.)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 chopped chili pepper (I upped this to a full chili pepper)
1/2 bell pepper, sliced
3 spring onions, chopped
salt
1 tbsp oil

1. In a bowl, whisk together jelly, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, chili pepper, and pinch of salt.
2. Cover pork in marinade and let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.  Add pork strips.  Do not stir immediately.  Let the sauce caramelize.  After a few minutes when the pork starts to turn white, flip it.
4. Add bell pepper and onions.  Cook until done, but don't overcook the pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment