Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mixed Mushrooms with Cinnamon and Lemon

The first time I made this, I loved it, but I thought I had strayed too far from the original, so I never posted it. The second time, I only again scaled back greatly (it serves 6 - 8) and used the random mushrooms I'd bought at the market. Feel free to substitute to your heart's content and play fast and loose with the quantity. It's a forgiving, delicious recipe.

Two years ago: Bulgogi
Three years ago: Watermelon Cooler

Mixed Mushrooms with Cinnamon and Lemon (from Ottolenghi)

Ingredients
400g button mushrooms
400g chestnut mushrooms
300g shiitake mushrooms
400g oyster mushrooms
200g enoki mushrooms
160 ml olive oil
30g chopped thyme
10 garlic cloves, minced
100g parsley, chopped
6 cinnamon sticks
25g coarse salt
1 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
60 ml lemon juice

1. Put a large saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
2. Sprinkle in thyme, garlic, parsley, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
3. Lay button, chestnut, and shiitake mushrooms on top. Do not stir. Raise heat to high and cook 5 minutes.
4. Give pan a good shake and add oyster mushrooms. Stir and let cook 3 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and add enoki mushrooms and lemon juice.
6. Give pan shake, add salt, and pepper, and serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment