Sunday, January 24, 2010

Scrambled Eggs with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Cheese

Yesterday at brunch, there was a French toast on the menu with asparagus, prosciutto, and Quebec cheeses.  As tempted as I was to try  it, I figured it was something I could make at home and instead ended up going for the eggs benedict with avocado, crab, and tomato.  The chances of me buying crab to cook at home for breakfast are rather slim!  I had every intention of making a savoury French toast, but then I got lazy and realized that if I baked it, I'd end up with way too many leftovers (I need some smaller pans!).  So, I shall save that little experiment for when I have people over for brunch.

Instead, I went for something quick and easy.  It almost seems silly to put this "recipe" up, but why not?  I had extra feta on hand, so I crumbled that on top at the end.  If you were using a melting cheese, I'd add in the cheese to the skillet just before the eggs are finished and mix it in instead of putting it on top.

Scrambled Eggs with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Cheese

 Ingredients

2 eggs
2 tbsp milk (more or less)
1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp - 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (depending on how much of a tomato-y mood you're in)
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp feta (or any other cheese)
2 handfuls of arugula or other salad green
salt and pepper to taste

1. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs.  Add in milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth.  Stir in seasonings and sun-dried tomatoes.
2. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat.  Pour in egg mixture.  Whisk eggs until cooked and scrambled.  If you'd rather melt the cheese in with the eggs, this is the time to do so.
3. Place arugula on serving plate or bowl.  Top with eggs.  Crumble feta over the top and salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment