Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hash Brown Quiche

This breakfast dish combines all the best parts of breakfast: potatoes, cheese, egg, and bacon into one satisfying dish. I modified the original recipe a bit by using fresh potatoes instead of frozen hash browns, cheddar instead of the mix originally called for, and bacon instead of ham. I also added a lattice from the leftover mac and cheese pie crust (which you are welcome to skip but did add a little something extra!). I also added a bit of adobo sauce to the egg mixture to kick up the heat a bit since I didn't have Jalapeno Jack cheese. In my head, the combination was perfect. I was thrilled when the reality wasn't too far off from my imagination!

Two years ago: Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

Hash Brown Quiche (adapted from Stop and Smell the Rosemary)

Ingredients
1 - 2 potatoes, shredded on cheese grater
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 - 1 tsp adobo sauce
2 cups shredded cheese of your choice (Jalapeno Jack, Swiss, cheddar, etc)
1 cup crumbled bacon or diced ham

1. Preheat oven to 425F. Press shredded potatoes into quiche pan. Bake 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in bowl combine eggs, half and half, adobo sauce, and salt.
3. Reduce oven to 350F. Place cheese and bacon in hash brown shell. Pour egg mixture over top. Bake 40 - 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment