Saturday, July 27, 2013

Thousand Island Dressing (and a burger idea)

I skipped over this recipe in the cookbook until someone came back raving about the burgers. I was skeptical since I'm not a huge fan of pickles, but I decided to give it a go. And you know what? It's a fantastic dressing and made for amazing burgers. Below is just the recipe for the dressing. For excellent burgers, combine with simple burger patties, sharp Cheddar cheese, arugula, and maybe some minced pickles and scallions. Or just use the dressing on salad. I'm a convert.

Two years ago: Pear Buckwheat Cake
Three years ago: Black Lentils and Yellow Split Peas

Thousand Island Dressing (from Big Small Plates)

Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
2 - 3 tbsp ketchup
3 or 4 drops Tabasco sauce
1 drop Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp cognac or brandy

1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Cover and refrigerate until needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment