Sunday, March 9, 2014

Tuna Poke

While we were in Hawaii, I fell in love with poke. Raw fish seasoned with sesame and soy - what's not to like? When another round of sushi-grade tuna showed up in our seafood box, I couldn't resist trying out poke. Although none of my cookbook collection had any poke recipes, a blog I used to use and trust did. With this straightforward recipe, I was not disappointed. I hope you also enjoy this quick reminder of tropical paradise.

One year ago: Rice Noodles with Beef and Broccoli in Cantonese Sauce
Two years ago: Red Beef Curry with Squash
Three years ago: Pasta with Lamb and Butternut Squash
Four years ago: Double Broccoli Quinoa

Tuna Poke (from Use Real Butter; originally No Recipes)
Ingredients
1/2 lb. sashimi-grade tuna, cubed (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch)
4 green onions, minced
1/4 cup rehydrated seaweed (preferably wakame; I had kombu)
2 tsps toasted sesame seeds
2 tsps soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
sea salt

1. Toss everything together except the salt.
2. Sprinkle salt over the poke and serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment