Sunday, January 15, 2012

Watercress, Pistachio, and Orange Blossom Salad

I was flipping through this cookbook wondering why I don't cook from it more often when I spotted this recipe. I took the fact that I had all the ingredients in the title as I sign that I should make it. I didn't have all of the herbs in fresh format, so I subbed some arugula. I'm sure it would be better with all of the herbs, but I still found the final result completely refreshing and light. Seasonally inappropriate? Perhaps when there's a blizzard outside. Delicious? Yes!

One year ago: Cook's Illustrated Chili
Two years ago: Scrambled Eggs with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Cheese

Watercress, Pistachio, and Orange Blossom Salad (from Plenty)

Ingredients
90g watercress
20g basil
20g coriander
10g dill
10g tarragon
40g shelled pistachios, lightly toasted and coarsely crushed
Dressing
4 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp orange blossom water
salt and pepper

1. Place watercress and herbs in large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
3. Pour dressing and pistachios over leaves, toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment