Thursday, June 24, 2010

Broccoli, Tomato, Goat Cheese Pasta

Last Sunday, I had a delicious brunch (although the service was awful) ... poached eggs in avocados covered with a tomato sauce and melted cheese.  The only problem was by the time dinner rolled around, I really wasn't hungry.  Certainly not hungry enough to try making what I had planned for dinner.  I needed something light, so enter this improvisation based on what I had on hand.  I'll leave the measurements up to you.  I was pleasantly surprised by how it turned out.  Slow-roasted tomatoes would've probably been better for this, but it was a last minute adaptation.

Broccoli, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Pasta

Ingredients
penne or other cut pasta
broccoli
cherry tomatoes
olive oil
goat cheese
lemon
salt and pepper to taste

1. Oil a small skillet and heat over low heat.  Heat cherry tomatoes and allow them to break down (about 15 - 20 minutes).
2. While tomatoes are cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil.  Cook pasta according to package directions.  A few minutes before the pasta should be done, add in the broccoli (you could also steam the broccoli if you prefer it crispier, but this saves a pan!).
3. Drain pasta and broccoli.  Add in cherry tomatoes.  Salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.  Crumble goat cheese over the top and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment