Sunday, January 23, 2011

An Index Reorganization

The bitter cold has given me the perfect opportunity to stay indoors. It is currently -22C (feels like -34C) in my fair city and although the sunshine looked promising out the window, there's not a chance I'm venturing outdoors. Instead, I'm correcting something that's been bugging me for a while ... the recipe index! While it worked when I only had 100 or 150 recipe, it's become an unwieldy behemoth that's a pain to update. When I pasted the code into Word, I discovered it's up to 51 pages (granted Word spaces it more, but still!). Instead, I'm now separating out the index so there's less scrolling and adding some new categories. I'm also removing some sections (such as Favourites) that just don't seem to be working for me when I update. I hope you find it as helpful as I do!

The new indices are to the left, above the search box. I haven't quite finished. I still need to finish with the beverages, side dishes, and breads, but I'm calling it a night for the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment