Saturday, March 10, 2012

Homemade pork and veal sausage with orange, coriander, and red pepper

I fractured my wrist this week which slows down my typing ... a lot. I debated long and hard about what to do with this blog before deciding what to do. In the end, I need this record, so I'll still update, but descriptions and capitalization may suffer.

This recipe is the perfect dish for a busy week. Mix it up in less than 10 minutes the night before and then just fry it the night you're ready to eat. The patties can be made up to 5 days ahead of time. Mine rested for 2 days and I found the orange at bit overwhelming. I might also increase the red pepper a bit. These little patties had a lot of flavour though.

One year ago: Raspberry-Lemon Souffle
Two years ago: Guacamole Burger

Homemade pork and veal sausage with orange, coriander, and red pepper (from The Olive and the Caper)

Ingredients
450g ground pork
225g ground veal
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp (or less) orange zest
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp (or more) red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup retsina wine
olive oil for cooking

1. Combine all ingredients except oil.
2. Pat 1/3 cup portions into individual patties. Refrigerate, wrapped, for at least several hours.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until cooked through, about 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment