Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chunky Beets with Cheese and Arugula

I love the dressing on this salad. It works wonderfully with the beets, arugula, and cheese. Instead of sherry vinegar, I used some wine vinegar with raspberries that I picked up in Prague. The slight hint of raspberries made the sauce even better. The book gives too options for the salad: one with crumbled Roquefort (I used Ciel de Charlevoix) and one with goat cheese and thinly sliced, iced red onions. I think I slightly prefer the blue cheese, but they're both excellent. Next time, I might try her suggestion of tossing with halved grape or cherry tomatoes.

Chunky Beets with Cheese and Arugula (from Around My French Table)

Ingredients
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp sherry vinegar (or wine with raspberries!)
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
450g cooked beets, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
2 tsp minced fresh oregano, marjoram, thyme, or parsley
crumbled goat cheese or Roquefort
arugula

1. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toss cubed beets with dressing and chill for about an hour.
3. Place arugula on serving dishes. Top with beets. Top with crumbled cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment