Saturday, November 28, 2009

Peanut Flavoured Potatoes

This is another post-flu recipe.  I had things in the fridge, but none of them were whetting my appetite.  For some reason peanut butter seemed to pique my interest.  I went to Kayotic Kitchen to check the ingredients for the peanut soups that had caught my eye earlier ... I didn't have all of the ingredients for one of the recipes and the other one required that you have leftover mashed potatoes on hand and I was too lazy to make mashed potatoes solely for the soup.  Then I found this recipe.  Simple, yet tasty looking and best of all I had all of the ingredients ... including chili pepper in the freezer!  The sauce here would also be excellent for a meat dish.

Peanut Flavoured Potatoes (from Kayotic Kitchen)

Ingredients

1 pound potatoes, peeled, washed, and diced
3 tbsp peanut butter
5 tbsp chicken broth
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp curry powder
1 small chili pepper, diced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp oil 


1. Place the potatoes in a microwave safe bowl.  Fill with water, add a dash of salt, and microwave for 10 minutes or until parboiled.  Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, 2 tbsp broth, ginger, curry powder, oil, and soy sauce.  Whisk until you have a thick paste.
3. Stir in chili pepper and garlic.
4. Add remaining 3 tbsp broth and sugar.  Still until it is a smooth sauce.
5. Drain the potatoes and place them in a baking dish.
6. Coat the potatoes in the peanut sauce.  Place the dish in the oven and cook for 45 minutes.  Every 15 minutes or so, stir the potatoes and sauce so it doesn't burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment