Sunday, October 18, 2009

Aunt Mary's Craisin Blue Cheese Salad

I had a salad similar to this when I was visitng my aunt and uncle to pick up my cat.  I don't know the original origin, nor do I know the exact amounts that I mix together, so I suggest you just do what looks good to you.

Aunt Mary's Craisin Blue Cheese Salad

Ingredients

arugula (or other salad greens), washed
grape or cherry tomatoes, washed
pears, washed and chopped
pecans (or walnuts), chopped
blue cheese, crumbled
red bell pepper, washed and chopped (optional)
Craisins (dried cranberries)
olive oil
balsalmic vinegar

1. Combine arugula, tomatoes, pears, and bell pepper in a large bowl.
2. Top with pecans, blue cheese, and craisins to taste.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment