Saturday, October 17, 2009

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

I love biscuits.  Croissants are good, but sometimes I just crave the salty goodness of biscuits.  When I was little, Red Lobster won hands down for biscuits.  I was never crazy about their food, but could be convinced to go there based solely on the biscuits.  I found this recipe while searching online for something to make for breakfast one morning.  I didn't want to go to the grocery store and had no eggs available, so my options for baking were limited.  Luckily, I found this gem.

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (adapted from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1 1/3 cup milk

1. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.  Cut in shortening until it resembles crumbles.
2. Preheat oven to 375F and butter a baking sheet.
3. Add cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and milk to flour mix.  Mix until dough is firm.
4. Scoop into biscuit-sized pieces on baking sheet.  Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment